Monday, March 18, 2013

What Are You Full Of?

This message is from Steve Kelly, the Senior Pastor of Wave Church. Ps Steve lived was born in New York till he was nine when his parents emigrated to Australia. He grew up in an alcoholic home and became a Christian in his late teens. He eventually became an associate pastor at Hillsong in Sydney and was the leader of their college. He had always dreamed of returning to the US to minister, and God opened the door for him in 1999 at Church of the Redeemer (now Wave Church) in Virginia Beach, VA. God has done a wonderful work there. This is the church through which Shawn and I met, and we were married by one of the pastors there, Tom Harmon. I'm thankful for our time there, and for what God did in our lives while we were involved in the church. This message was delivered on July 30, 2000, shortly after Ps Steve returned from the Hillsong conference in Australia.


Questions about your heart:

Proverbs 27:19
Ephesians 3:19-20
Psalm 16:1

  • 1. Who, or what, is the lord of your heart?
    • You soon see who the lord of your heart is by your words.
Psalm 16:5-9

  • 2. What does the night season reveal about your heart?
    • Your heart can only instruct you according to what it knows.
    • Can your heart remain steady in any season?
Psalm 45:1

  • 3. What theme overflows from your heart?
    • Being filled with the Spirit changes what flows from your heart.
1 Samuel 18:1

  • 4. What associations identify with your heart?
    • What soul does your soul knit to?
    • What type of people identify with you?
    • What type of people do you identify with?


My thoughts: These are great questions I should be asking myself periodically to examine the health of my relationship with God. We are judged by our fruit and honest answers to these questions will reveal the fruit that I am bearing. These questions shouldn't be handled lightly, so I'm not going to answer them here and now, but prayerfully in my devotional time tomorrow. I do feel that the answers to these questions are different now than they would have been at the beginning of the year. I can say that in recent weeks my heart has instructed me to draw closer to Him, for which I am very thankful.

No comments: