Thursday, August 27, 2009

So Sorry It’s Been So Long…

Wow, I never expected almost two weeks to go by between blog posts. Life has just been a whirlwind lately. Between going out of town, church activities, school starting, and illness I haven’t had much time to sit and write. I thought I’d have time to write while we were out of town, but apparently I was kidding myself, and it’s taken me a few days to adjust to the new schedule. So, I apologize for not posting a blogging break notice. I haven’t focused much on my Life Zones either, and I put off No Procrastination Day. :) Apparently I need the motivation of blogging to keep me on task. If I know I’m going to write a post about how well I’m doing, then I’m more likely to do well. Crazy, isn’t it?

I hope to get to the point that this stuff becomes so internalized that I become internally motivated. Integrity is something I strongly desire to increase in my character. That being said, I’m very grateful for this format. I think that there were days that even Jesus had things that He didn’t want to do, and that little push from His environment helped Him along. After all, the Bible says that He was fully human as well as fully God and that “[t]his High Priest of ours understands our weaknesses, for he faced all of the same testings we do, yet he did not sin.” (Heb 4:15 NLT) Hebrews 12:2 even says that He endured the cross, “[b]ecause of the joy awaiting him” (NLT). He struggled violently within Himself against going through with the cross to the point of sweating blood. He asked the Father release Him from the cross because He knew that He would endure one of the most horrific things a man could ever face. Yet, He utilized the knowledge of His Father’s will and of the impending reward to give Him the push He needed to go through with it. What an amazing example! If Jesus can sacrifice His desires and go through with something as terrible as the cross, using whatever means necessary to get Him to that place, then I can certainly sacrifice my own petty desires and use whatever means necessary to complete each task set before me.

So for the rest of this week I’ll continue working on the Life Zones I outlined before and start fresh on Monday. I’m also going to make today my “No Procrastination Day” for this week. What are my No Procrastination goals for today? Make bread, do laundry (washing, sorting, & folding), do dishes (it’ll probably take two loads), unpack at least one suitcase, and work on a special project if I have time. That should be enough to keep me busy today. ;)

No comments: